Best Ethereum Wallets – Ethereum! What an insane growth the coin has been. If you ask me if I prefer bitcoin or ethereum, I would choose ethereum all day. Ethereum is currently in 2nd place, actually, Ripple was ahead of ethereum but not for long, Ethereum is back in the 2nd place according to their respective market cap in CoinMarketCap. A lot of people kept asking us for the Best Ethereum Wallets after our article on the ripple wallet went pretty viral on Twitter. So here we have compiled a list of Top 5 Best Ethereum Wallet which is super safe and very easy to hold the coins.
5 Best Ethereum Wallets – Best Eth or Ether Wallets?
What is Ethereum?
Ethereum is an open-source, public, blockchain-based distributed computing platform and operating system featuring smart contract (scripting) functionality. It supports a modified version of Nakamoto consensus via transaction based state transitions. Along with Bitcoin, Ethereum is considered to be one of the pioneer platforms in distributed ledger and blockchain technology. In popular discourse, the term Ethereum is often used interchangeably with Ether to refer to the cryptocurrency that is generated on the Ethereum platform.
Ether is a cryptocurrency whose blockchain is generated by the Ethereum platform. Ether can be transferred between accounts and used to compensate participant mining nodes for computations performed. Ethereum provides a decentralized Turing-complete virtual machine, the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), which can execute scripts using an international network of public nodes. “Gas”, an internal transaction pricing mechanism, is used to mitigate spam and allocate resources on the network.
(Infographic) 5 Best Ethereum Wallets – Best Eth or Ether Wallets?
Here is the Infographic on the 5 Best Ethereum Wallets for Easy Understanding.
5 Best Ethereum Wallets – An infographic by BuyersGuideX
Embed This Infographic on Your Site:
5 Best Ethereum Wallets – Best Eth or Ether Wallets?
#1. Ledger Nano S (Editor’s Choice)
Ledger Nano S is a hardware wallet and it’s really popular with the cryptocurrency users. It’s relatively cheaper hardware wallet available in the market but the quality is definitely not compromised for the price. We totally recommend this wallet for your ethereum or let’s say any cryptocurrency that ledger nano s supports.
Ledger Nano S has a LED Screen in the device, which will let you know about the new transaction it has sent or received and all you can check the balance using it. Ledger Nano S is also known for supporting upcoming forks of all the respective coin. They provided Bitcoin Cash when it was forked from Bitcoin in the ratio 1:1.
It supports all the top cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Etherium, Litecoin, Ripple, Dash, Bitcoin Gold and many other altcoins, and they keep adding new coins every day.
Unique Features of Ledger Nano S
- Ledger Nano S supports Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum, Ripple, and altcoins.
- Check and confirm transactions on the display and confirm with using the physical buttons (anti-malware second factor).
- Your confidential data is never exposed: it is secured inside a strongly isolated environment locked by a PIN code.
- Your accounts are backed up on a recovery sheet. Easy restoration of any Ledger device or compatible wallets (BIP39/BIP44).
- Ledger Nano S supports the FIDO® Universal Second Factor authentication standard on Google, Dropbox, GitHub or Dashlane.
- Use companion apps such as cryptocurrencies wallets, and also FIDO® U2F, GPG, SSH or build your own applications.
- Compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac.
Trezor is another hardware wallet for storing your cryptocurrency. But it was the first invented hardware wallet. The reason it is placed in the 2nd place is for its price. It is pretty expensive compared to Ledger Nano S. It is priced at $99. Trezor has similar features and functionality as to ledger nano s, as they both have LED Screen and controls. They both support major cryptocurrencies and many other similar features and functionality.
It supports major cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, ZCash, Dash Coin, Dogecoin and many other coins. It has the possibility to support all the ERC-20 Token too.
Unique Features of Trezor Wallet
- Password Manager to generate and store powerful and untraceable passwords.
- Protect access to your servers, data or websites administration. SSH login with single or multiple sessions.
- Safeguard your online accounts and identities. Enable the industry standard FIDO/U2F and use TREZOR as your security token.
- Use the LED Screen to check important transactions.
- Minimalistic Design
MyEtherWallet is a web wallet, exclusively built to support ethereum and other cryptocurrencies based on Ethereum. It is nowhere like the other traditional wallets. In MyEtherWallet you get to control your Ethereum’s private key on your system.
My EtherWallet is an Open Source Web-based Wallet, only to support ERC-20 Tokens. It has an inbuilt BTC to ETH (and vice-versa) swap facility. You can also connect your Trezor or Ledger Nano S to access your funds in MyEtherWallet’s Environment. This is one of the best ethereum wallets that we recommended to our readers.
Unique Features of MyEtherWallet
- MyEtherWallet is an Open Source Wallet
- It gives you full control of your security using your unique private key.
- MyEtherWallet is a Web-based wallet.
- MyEtherWallet lets you swap Bitcoin to Ethereum or Ethereum to Bitcoin inside the wallet.
- MyEtherWallet can be connected with Hardware wallets like Ledger Nano S and Trezor.
#4. Exodus Wallet
Exodus Wallet is one of those firstly invented multi-currency wallet for the cryptocurrency users to store and manage their multiple currencies or tokens from a single wallet.
Exodus is a free software based wallet, with a great and user-friendly interface to manage the cryptocurrencies. You get a pie chart representation of your multiple currencies with the total portfolio wallet. You can exchange your currencies into others without sending your currencies to other exchanges because Exodus uses ShapeShift API which will let you exchange the currencies without transferring it. Exodus Works in Windows, Mac and Linux Operating Systems.
Exodus supports Bitcoin, Dash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Golem and other currencies.
Unique Features of Exodus Wallet
- Exodus is a Multi-Currency Wallet
- Exodus Supports Windows, Linus and Mac.
- Exodus let you exchange the currencies in the wallet by using Shapeshift.
- User-Friendly interface with Pie Chart Representation.
Jaxx is a multi cryptocurrency supporting mobile and desktop based wallet. Jaxx was developed by a Canada Based Company for the cryptomaniacs. Jaxx Supports Windows, Linux and Mac Operating System in desktop and iOS and Android in Mobile Operating System. They ask support browsers such as Chrome and Firefox in terms of Addon or Extension. Jaxx is almost similar to Exodus with supporting more cryptocurrencies. Jaxx provides you with a private key by which you can secure your wallet. Jaxx supports 20+ cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple and many more.
Unique Features of Jaxx Wallet
- Jaxx is a Multi-Currency Wallet which supports in Desktop (Windows, Mac and Linux), Mobile (iOS and Android), Web Browser (Chrome and Firefox)
- It is an open source and free to download wallet.
- It supports more than 20+ currencies and tokens.
That’s it, we conclude this article here and we promise that we will keep it article updated more often by changes that take place in the crypto world. If you like this article please do share it with your friends via Social Networking sites. If you own a blog or a website please do embed our infographics on your blog or website.